Benadryl is the drug which uses for the cure of the allergies in the dogs, the answer to the question can I give my dog Benadryl for skin allergies is yes, you can use the Benadryl for the treatment of the allergies.
Benadryl can easily absorb in the body, and that’s the reason for its fast action. It contains diphenhydramine as the major component which is calm the brain of the dog. By taking this medicine, your dog gets feel lethargic. The diphenhydramine affects the nervous system of the dog.
What Amount of Dosage Should be Given to Dogs?
The amount of the dosage of the Benadryl depends on the infection and the weight of the dog.
- The dogs with the weight of 30lb or less should be given the 10 mg of the dose of Benadryl.
- The dogs with the weight ranging from 30 lb. to 50 lb. should be given the 25 mg of the dose of Benadryl.
- The dogs with the weight ranging from 50 lb. to greater should be given the 50 mg of the dose of Benadryl.
- If you are thinking that can I give my dog Benadryl as 1mg for 1 lb? then yes you can also apply this formula for your dog.
- But if the condition is severe then you should ask your Vet for further details and prescription.
Can I Give my Dog Benadryl in the case of Asthma?
Benadryl can be used in the treatment of asthma, and it contains diphenhydramine as the primary component which relief the dog within 30 minutes. This can be useful in the cure of some other disease which is listed below:
- It can be used for the treatment of the Itching skin.
- It can be used for the treatment of the Nausea.
- It can be used for the treatment of the sickness.
- It can be used for the treatment of the infection of the insect bites.
- It can be used for the treatment of the bee sting.
- It can be used for the treatment of the Hay fever.
- It can be used for the treatment of a cough and sneezing.
- It can be used for the treatment of the Insomnia.
- It can be used for the treatment of the stuffy nose
- It can be used for the treatment of any kind of allergic.
Is there any Side Effects of Using Benadryl?
The dog is also sensitive like human beings so can I give my dog Benadryl any amount, the answer to the question is that the excess amount of everything can cause the harmful effects. So, is the case with the Benadryl. Following side effects can be caused by the Benadryl.
- It is responsible for the dilution of the blood which is harmful to the health of the dog suffering from blood pressure disease.
- The dizziness and the sleepiness are the common side effects of using the Benadryl.
- It makes the brain sleepy, and it stops the working of the brain and effect all the nervous system.
- It can cause the drying of the mouth as well as constipation in the dogs.
- It causes the lack of appetite and vomiting.